Is Switching Birth Control to Natural Cycles Right for me?
Ready to learn more about your unique cycle with the personalized birth control app that’s grounded in science? Read on to find out how switching birth control to Natural Cycles can give unique insights into your cycle.
- You are 18+ years old
- You’re willing to use condoms or abstain from sex on red days
- You can measure your temperature most mornings when you wake up, ideally within a 4-hour window
Natural Cycles and irregular cycles
If you have an irregular cycle (fewer than 21 days or greater than 35 days in length), you can still use Natural Cycles as the intelligent app adapts to your unique cycle. The same goes if you have a condition which can cause temperature fluctuations e.g. for example thyroid conditions or polycystic ovary syndrome.
It’s worth keeping in mind that if you are affected by these conditions, the variation in temperature and cycle length might mean that you get more red days – the app does not become any less effective. Natural Cycles is a handy tool for keeping track of irregularities in your cycle.
Switching birth control methods
Natural Cycles is non-invasive and because it adapts to your unique cycle you can start using the app, or stop at any point. Once you’ve downloaded the app, you’ll be guided through our quick onboarding, where you’ll be given personalized info based on your birth control history. If you’ve just stopped using hormonal birth control, it can take a few cycles for things to become regular again. During this time, you can expect more red days when you should use protection or abstain from sex.
You can rely on the app’s status from day one. It can take a little while for Natural Cycles to learn your unique cycle, so you should expect more red days in the beginning. With consistent measuring and adding info like period data, the app can find your ovulation and give you more green days. Every woman will have a different experience with birth control, as she’s as unique as her cycle. Check out our user manual for more info on switching contraceptive methods.
What’s great about using Natural Cycles?
- It’s 100% hormone-free birth control with no known side effects
- It’s 93% effective with typical use and 98% effective with perfect use (when you use condoms on red days)
- It’s a non-invasive method so you can stop and start using Natural Cycles at any time
- You will gain unique insights and better understand your body and cycle, putting you in control to prevent pregnancy
- Natural Cycles is with you for the whole journey, you can use plan a pregnancy mode in order to help conceive and switch back to prevent mode after pregnancy
What should I know before switching birth control?
- When protection is used on red days, Natural Cycles has an effectiveness rate of 98%, even with typical use the app is 93% effective
- Ideally, you need to measure most days within a 4-hour window to maximise your number of green days
- Natural Cycles does not protect against STIs
- No birth control method is 100% effective, compare birth control methods