Natural Cycles user data provide valuable information to healthcare professionals
The Natural Cycles medical app records a patient’s basal body temperature and cycle-related data, which is analysed by a sophisticated bio-statistical algorithm to provide personalised information on predicted fertile days.
The data in the app can provide you as a healthcare professional with valuable information and insights, to support you in understanding your patient’s menstrual cycles and timing of ovulation. Furthermore, the data may also provide useful additional information on fertility, and may even help to highlight the possibility of underlying medical conditions.
Data available from the patient’s Natural Cycles App
Basal body temperature
- Temperature fluctuations
- Cycle length
- Number of fertile/non-fertile days per cycle
- Length and variation of luteal and follicular phase
- Cycle regularity
- Duration of menstruation
- Average ovulation day and variations
- Number of anovulatory cycles
- Days with spotting
Result of Luteinising Hormone (LH) test (if performed)
Timing of sexual intercourse
- Your patient may add daily notes to keep track of relevant factors, for example, PMS symptoms, pain and mood swings. The data may assist you in identifying the possibility of conditions such as endometriosis.¹
¹Hsu A, Khachikyan I, Stratton P. Invasive and Noninvasive Methods for the Diagnosis of Endometriosis. Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2010;53(2):413-419.