The Non-Hormonal Birth Control App
Natural Cycles is an intelligent, non-hormonal birth control app that learns your unique cycle and tells you when you can and can’t get pregnant.
- Natural Cycles is an intelligent app that works with a basal body thermometer
- Natural Cycles has been proven to be 93% effective with typical use and 98% effective with perfect use
- Natural Cycles is the first and only birth control app available in the US and Europe
What is Natural Cycles non-hormonal birth control?
We know a birth control app might be a new concept to many, but what exactly does it mean for you? Natural Cycles is an intelligent app where women enter their temperature data. After doing this, they then receive a fertility status on their phone. It’s birth control because the app maps your cycle and informs you of your fertile days, so you know when to use protection or abstain from sex because you could get pregnant.
Curious about how Natural Cycles fits into your routine? Discover more about how Natural Cycles works.
What is perfect use?
- Perfect use is when is you do not have unprotected sex on red days, i.e. always use a condom or abstain from sex
- To be a perfect user, you do not need to measure every day at the same time, but you do need to use protection on every red day
- Perfect use also includes women who had unprotected sex on a green day that was falsely given, or had protected sex on a red day but the method failed (e.g. a broken condom)
- 98% effective means that 2 women out of 100 will get pregnant during 1 year of use, even with using the app perfectly
What is typical use?
- Typical use shows how many women on average get pregnant due to all possible reasons
- The most common reason for pregnancy with Natural Cycles is the failure to use protection on red days
- Typical use includes pregnancies that occurred under perfect use
- 93% effective under typical use means that 7 out of 100 women will get pregnant during one year of use
What’s more important – perfect use, or typical use?
Both numbers are important.
The perfect use shows the highest achievable effectiveness rate, which is obtained if you do not have unprotected intercourse on red days, i.e. always uses condom or abstains on red days.
The effectiveness of Natural Cycles will be lower than perfect use if you do not use protection or abstain on red days. Natural Cycles is proven to be 93% effective with typical use. Always make sure to use protection or abstain on red days if you want to prevent pregnancies.
It’s important to ask yourself before using Natural Cycles whether you would be willing to use protection or abstain from sex on red days. If the answer is no, you should talk to a doctor about a more suitable method of birth control. Is Natural Cycles right for me?
The first and only birth control app available in the US and Europe
As a medical device playing a key role in women’s lives, it’s important that Natural Cycles is cleared and regulated. Natural Cycles is available for use as a birth control method in the US and in Europe. The intelligent app is also used globally for planning pregnancy. Read more about Natural Cycles’ regulatory clearances.