Who is Natural Cycles most suitable for?
Natural Cycles may be suitable for women who are looking for a natural method of contraception and have a lifestyle that enables them to take their temperature first thing most mornings.
- Women using Natural Cycles should be at least 18 years old (users of Natural Cycles are 30 years old on average)
- To use Natural Cycles, women must be willing to use protection or abstain from sex on red days
- Natural Cycles may be suitable for women who are interested in learning about their cycle and have a desire to be more in tune with their body
- Natural Cycles is also a suitable option for women who are considering a pregnancy
Evidence shows that a woman who, following consultation with her HCP, has actively chosen a method of contraception and is satisfied with it, is more likely to use it consistently and correctly. On the other hand, women using a method which is not in line with their personal preferences may be less likely to adhere to, or continue with that method, which could increase the risk of an unplanned pregnancy.¹This is why contraceptive choice is so important.
Who is Natural Cycles less suitable for?
- Natural Cycles is less suitable for women with irregular menstrual cycles (i.e. cycles with length less than 21 days or greater than 35 days), since predicting her fertile days is more difficult and as such, the number of red days will be higher.
- Natural Cycles is less suitable for women who have a medical condition where pregnancy would be associated with a significant risk to the mother or the fetus.